Maggie Sandison - Chief Executive
Karen Fraser - Shetland Library
"Excellent service is at the heart of everything we do. We provide excellent service by taking personal responsibility and working well together."
Emily Robertson - Social Care Worker
Ian Best - Ferry Operations
Providing an excellent level of service, by making sure we understand, meet and manage our service users’ needs. I demonstrate this value by doing the following.
- I listen properly to our service users to understand their needs.
- I put myself in others’ shoes and show empathy.
- I find the best practical solutions while managing expectations.
Taking personal responsibility
Having a positive attitude and taking our responsibilities as employees of the council seriously. Working in an open and honest way, reflecting on our performance and looking for opportunities to improve and develop. I demonstrate this value by doing the following.
- I find solutions to problems.
- I do what I say I will do.
- I take pride in my work.
Working well together
Value: Demonstrating a positive attitude by being open-minded, fair, respectful, trustworthy and honest. I demonstrate this value by doing the following.
- I support my colleagues and treat everyone – service users and work colleagues – fairly and with respect.
- I listen to the views of others and accept they may be different to mine.
- I am aware of my own behaviour and how it affects others.