Single persons's discount
You can claim single person discount if:
- you are the only adult aged 18 years or over living in the property, or
- the other adults living in the property are not counted for Council tax purposes. See The single person discount is 25% off your total Council tax, water and sewerage bill.
For discount purposes, there are certain categories we do not count when considering the number of adults living in a property:
- full time students
- long-term patients in a hospital or care home
- severely mentally impaired persons
- a person providing care for a resident
- persons in detention
- Youth Training trainees
- student nurses
- members of certain religious communities
- partners of non-British students who have no entitlement to public funds
- people in respect of whom child benefit is payable
- People under 26 who have previously been in local authority care.